Virtual Mobility (VM) Grantprint
Virtual Mobility (VM) Grants aim at strengthening the existing networks by allowing scientists to foster collaboration in a virtual setting, to exchange knowledge, learn new techniques, disseminate Action results, etc. The successful applicant(s) will be selected by the committee to perform activities that do not necessarily require in-person presence. These activities may include surveys, questionnaires or preparation of protocols, virtual mentoring of activities that can generate capacity, build new skills, etc.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Applicant(s) are Action participants with a primary affiliation to an institution located in a COST Full or Cooperating Member country or MC Observers from a COST Near Neighbour Country.
- The applicant(s) shall inform the MC about the aim of the VM Grant and how its outcomes will generate benefits to the Action, actively contribute to the activities and overall objectives of the Action and submit a report at the end, to be approved by the VNS manager on behalf of the MC.
- Only participants who have not received funding in this Grant Period (1.11.2022-31.10.2023) are eligibe to apply.
The maximum amount for the VM grant is €1,500. This amount can be reduced by the committee.
The call is open until funds are available.
Procedure to Apply
To apply, in e-COST complete an application by clicking on the VNT Application tab.
Implementation of Activities
The successful applicant(s) shall implement the workplan approved in their application within the time frame also there defined and always within one single Grant Period. Please consult the Annotated rules for cost Actions to see which activities can be funded.
The grantee has 30 calendar days from the completion of the Virtual Mobility Grant to submit a report to the Action Chair and the Grant Awarding Coordinator and to the Science Officer of the Action including:
- Description of the outcomes and achieved outputs (including any specific MoU deliverables, or publications resulting from the Virtual Mobility).
- Description of the benefits to the COST Action Strategy (what and how).
- Description of the virtual collaboration (including constructive reflection on activities undertaken, identified successful practices and lessons learned).
- Moreover, the grantee needs to prepare promotion material that can be uploaded to the ConservePlants website and/or used for promotion of the COST action ConservePlants on social media. Promotion material can be either: (i) a short text with the description of the work done with relevant photos; (ii) a short (2-5 min) video presentation or (iii) a poster.
The grantee will have the obligation to actively contribute to the activities of the Action WG relevant to those findings.
Grants are paid by the Grant Holder after the completion of the activity and approval of all required report/documentation. Failure to submit all the required documents may result in the cancellation of the grant.
Evaluation and Selection of Applicants
The evaluation of each received VM grant application is performed by the Grants committee.
The selection of successful grantee shall be based on contributions to the overall objectives of the Action, the approved strategy on the virtual networking for the Action and the implementation of the COST Excellence and Inclusiveness Policy.
The application shall be submitted in e-COST and include the following information:
- Main objective of the Virtual Mobility Grant.
- Working Plan: Description of the collaborative initiative to be implemented.
- Plan for Participation: List of participants in the collaborative initiative (short description of their expertise and contribution).
- Main expected outputs: results and contribution to the progress towards the MoU objectives (either research coordination and/or capacity building objectives can be tackled) and delivery of the MoU objectives.
- Contribution to the COST Action Strategy: How will the Virtual Mobility contribute to the COST Excellence and Inclusiveness Policy and plans for stakeholder engagement and promoting participation of researchers from NNC and IPC and to the approved virtual networking strategy.
For any further clarification about the STSMs or VM grants, please contact the Grant Awarding Coordinator Aida Dervishi (firstname.lastname@example.org